COVID-19 & Remote Learning
Welcome to our COVID response page. You’ll find all the critical information about how P.S./M.S. 47Q is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection. We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe. Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
Last updated: January 22, 2021
Questions? Please reach out to Principal Lorenz at email@example.com
140 Beach 112 Street Rockaway Park, NY 11694
Blended Learning Schedules
- Cohort D is 100% Remote Learning
- 3K, PK, K, 1, 4, 5, and all 12:1:1 Special Class Sizes (291, 591, 891) attend 5 days per week
- Grade 2 ICT, Grade 3 ICT, Grade 6 ICT, Grade 7 ICT, and Grade 8 ICT follow an ABD Cohort Model
- Cohort A attends school in-person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and alternating Wednesdays
- Cohort B attends school in-person on Thursdays, Fridays, and alternating Wednesdays
- Health Screening Copy/Screenshot required (paper copies will be provided at Entrances, if needed) and masks are required to anyone that has to enter the school.
- As per Mayor de Blasio's Press Conference on 11/29/2020, ALL students and staff will be required to submit consent for testing to attend in person school. Those without consent will be moved to fully remote (Cohort D).
We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
- Masks: Masks must be worn at all times by all adults and students in the building.
- Hand washing: Students and staff are expected to wash hands thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, if exposed to body fluids (like saliva or a sneeze), and at other times necessary throughout the day.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing is required at all times. Please maintain social distancing between families during drop-off and pickup. Parents are not allowed to enter the building.
- Illness: Students and staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 99.9°F must stay home and notify the school. If you or someone you know has COVID-19 (or shows symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or fever), it is required that you quarantine for a minimum of 14 days and notify the school.
- Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test Site page to find a test site closest to you.
We are committed to making sure that all students can successfully connect to online learning during their at-home learning days.
- If your student needs a laptop or tablet, fill out the Device Request Formto reserve your device. Borrowing a device is free!
- If your children experience internet-connectivity issues with their iPads, they can request help through the Technical Support for Families form.
- Borrowed devices should be used for school purposes only and kept in a secure location. Take your device with you on in-school days.
- If you are not able to get internet hooked up in your home, your child's teacher will work with you to provide alternative offline assignments.
Remote Learning Expectations
During hybrid or 100% remote learning, your child is expected to complete all assignments provided by the teacher. At the same time, we recognize that working independently at home is different and difficult for many students, so we want to provide flexibility.
- Students and families should check Google Classroom daily for important updates from their teachers.
- When signing in for virtual classes or meetings, students are expected to be on time, appropriately dressed, and ready to learn. We suggest signing in 5 minutes before class starts. Please try to reduce background noise and distractions as much as possible.